Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:23 pm
MTN Nigeria said today it has reached no agreement with Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) on the $5.2billion fine imposed on it after it failed to switch off unregistered 5.2 million phone lines.
The company made the statement to clarify conflicting reports in the media about the fine. Here are the highlights of the statement;
* Wishes to clarify and place on record that company continues to engage constructively with Nigerian authorities at all levels
* Has noted, with concern, speculation and false information in media
* Cautions against reports purporting that company has agreed a resolution with NCC on fine
* It is false as no resolution has yet been reached. MTN continues to engage authorities in Nigeria on this matter.
* ‘All stakeholders are reminded that MTN will inform them of any material developments in our engagements with Nigerian authorities’ Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage