Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:09 pm
The military authorities have slammed a dusk to dawn curfew on Chibok town in Borno state, after three suicide bombers hit the traumatised community, where 219 schoolgirls were kidnapped in April 2014 by Boko Haram gunmen.
According to #Bringbackourgirls movement, residents said the curfew was imposed in order to track down two suicide bombers still lurking around.
“Today marked the reopening of a the market that had been closed down for a long while due to the security situation. Two suicide bombers detonated at the market, and another at a military checkpoint, killing eleven, and many more injured as reported by 12.20 pm. The third suicide bomber was tracked and shot down before detonating. He reports that they were five suicide bombers sent on the nefarious mission. It is reported that there is presently a curfew in Chibok in order to track them down.”
The BBOG commiserated with the families of the victims and also commended the military/security forces for their proactive action.
“Such response is important in alleviating the trauma of a community who has its daughters abducted by terrorists for 653 days. We are aware that the military has good presence in the town but we would like to encourage even more surveillance to prevent as much as possible any recurrence.
“We urge them to keep up the good work, and make the most of these available leads in improving security of life and property, tackle the and end the insurgency,” said BBOG in a statement by Jeff Okoroafor.