Thursday, February 25, 2016 9:42 pm
Professor Dibu Ojerinde, registrar of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board announced today that the Board has fine-tuned the candidates’ redistribution policy, which generated controversy last year.
He said the Board has now introduced “another choice after the preferred choices amongst schools that are under-subscribed, to enable candidates to take up a second opportunity if they fail to get their first preferred choice.”
He said the new policy will reduce the high rate of successful candidates not being able to secure admission into tertiary institutions due to limited spaces.
According to the registrar, admission cut-off points were not set by JAMB but “by the policy committee chaired by the Honourable Minister of Education with the Board, Vice-Chancellors, Provost of Education, Rectors of Polytechnics, Monotechnics and so on.”
He clarified that the 180 cut-off point is a only minimum requirement and not an indication that any candidate who scores 180 would be admitted.
The Computer Based Test (CBT), he noted has erased several hurdles such as logistics and examination malpractices and ensured that the system is seamless.