Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:38 pm
Professor Dibu Ojerinde, the registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board revealed today that the results for over 200,000 candidates have been released since the tests began 27 February.
An estimated 1.58 million candidates seeking admissions to universities, polytechnics and colleges of education registered for the exams, countrywide.
Ojerinde spoke today when he took the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, to the Model CBT Centre at Kogo, Bwari in Abuja.
He said that all factors were considered before the board migrated fully from Paper-Based Test to CBT.
He said that the Federal Government had mandated the National Commission for Communications (NCC) to set up least four CBT centres every year.
“The first four are on and very soon more will be on.
“We have made improvement from that of last year; for instance, we now have calculator on the screen.
Ojerinde cited security challenges, high cost of producing writing materials for PPT, high cost of transporting materials and curbing examining examination malpractices as some of the reasons behind the adoption of CBT.
A candidate, who pleaded anonymity, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the CBT was easy, as it only entailed clicking on the right answers.
He said that the CBT was commendable because it reduced the stress of paper writing, adding that it would also encourage future candidates to upgrade their computer skills.
The candidate said that any person with basic computer knowledge could write the exam without much difficulty.
Adamu also visited the Charms City CBT Centre at Area 11, Garki, where he expressed satisfaction with the facilities therein. (NAN)