Nollywood actor, Imeh Bishop Umoh also known as Okon Lagos has been appointed Special Assistant to Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State on Ethical and Social Reorientation.
He joins Ini Edo who was also appointed Special adviser on tourism in Akwa Ibom state.
The comedian hails from Nsit-Ibom Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State. He has been featured in over 100 movies.
According to The Purse, there are seven facts readers may not know about the actor:
1. Ime Bishop Umoh is a native of Nsit-Ibom Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State.
2. The 2008 Emem Isong-produced movie ‘Uyai,’ drew attention to the actor. However, he became a household name after his character in the hilarious hit movies ‘Okon goes to Lagos’ ‘Okon Goes to School,’ among others.
3. Alcohol is a big turn off for the actor. According to Ime who doesn’t drink or smoke “I am naturally high. Do I look like someone who is normal? I am not normal,” he once said to ThisDay Live.
4. The actor met his wife Idara at a wedding where he was the master of ceremony, and she was one of the bridesmaids. They got married on October 17, 2013, in Uyo.
5. In 2014, the actor and his wife welcomed their beautiful daughter Wauneta, Imeabasi Umoh, who recently turned 1.
6. His favourite food is Atama soup.
7. Ime once listed Mr. Bean, Nkem Owoh and Mr Ibu as his role models.