Friday, September 7, 2018 1:36 pm
The Association of Corporate Governance Professionals Nigeria (ACGPN) will hold its 1st Annual National Governance Conference from 11-12 September, 2018 in Abuja. This was revealed by the President/ Chairman of the Council, Mazi Sam Ohuabuwa, at a press conference he addressed at the association’s secretariat, 27 Acme Road, Ogba, Ikeja.
According to Ohuabuwa, the conference “brings together participants from all across Nigeria in a two-day event featuring expert panels, workshops and breakout sessions on top of mind issues and the evolving corporate governance landscape.” The conference will, as he put it, provide a key networking opportunity and the platform from which to discuss key strategic issues facing Nigerian Leaders and directors, now and in the future.
This year’s theme is, as Ohuabuwa put it, Shaping the Future –Rethinking Corporate Governance and well known international speakers will debate the following 7 key topics:
a. Corporate Governance application now and in the future – beyond rhetorics.
b. The Impact of Corporate Governance on business and project sustainability.
c. Governance,Risk and Compliance (GRC) Deployment Strategies in Organisation
d. Leadership indices and measures in enhancing Corporate Governance.
e. Monetary and Capital Market Taxation – Corporate Governance Implication
f. Creating a Culture of Good Corporate Governance and Compliance in the Public Sector
g. Accountability, Whistle-Blowing, Fraud & White Collar Crime in a Corporate Governance Context
Below is the remaining part of the text of the press conference:
“This is the biggest, most content-rich, pure Governance event in Nigeria. This ONE EVENT is set out for critical strategic guidance and leadership insight.
Join fellow board of directors, board chairs, Top Government Functionaries, CEOs, Top ACGPN members from across Nigeria and others as we explore the latest issues faced by the Country. Get your leaders and directors out of the confine of their organisations and into this great in-gathering. The agenda is a “just right” blend of the practical and the inspirational, with both industry-specific and cross-industry information. Attendees and members will:
· Gain actionable knowledge that can be implemented with confidence when they return home
· Develop an increased analytical and creative capacity
· Build an invaluable peer network that delivers advice and inspiration when needed
· Be better equipped to provide strategic direction and respond to the changing landscape of the credit union movement
A promising future awaits Nigerians that are willing to invest their time and effort into making it happen. The Conference allows your key Leaders the opportunity to recharge, reconnect and reimagine the possibilities. Start here.
For effective governing of the Corporation, the leaders must meet certain requirements by law. The function of the Directors is to continuously improve board processes and functions, develop and implement strategies for overall organisational performance; hence, the conference aims to:
· Provide learning opportunities with facilitated workshops to develop effective models that can be adapted into any nation
· Provide an opportunity for open discussion and networking opportunities
· Establish collaborative partnerships
· Identify and address issues relating to Director’s roles and responsibilities
· Sharing of information, strategies and personal experiences
CONFERENCE DINNER/ AWARDS NIGHT
· As they say, all work and no play, makes a dull conference. So to overcome this, the ACGPN Nigeria has organized a conference dinner to be held on the second night of the event. This dinner with give delegates the opportunity to further network whilst letting your hair down in an informal setting.
· Thought-provoking insights from our All-Time Highest-Rated Speakers – all in one place
· All-New Deep-Dive Hot-Topic sessions.
· Dozens of take-home tools, planning documents, checklists for marketing and brand development, step-by-step board assessments, templates for contracting with vendors, case studies on successful growth strategies, and much, much more.
· In-depth, straight-talking, no-holds barred sessions loaded with tested instruction you can begin to put to work immediately. These sessions are GUARANTEED to deliver proven strategies you can use to increase your lending … bolster your leadership skills … grow your membership … improve your financial performance and leverage your organization’s brand reputation in the community.
· The 2018 Annual National Governance Conference program will offer Continuing Professional Development (CPD) More information will become available from the secretariat. We will provide an update to credits at the end of the conference.
Thank you all”